3. Retail Account Manager
As our Retail Account Manager, your role will be to identify, develop and manage new partner relationships and strengthen existing ones with supermarkets.
Your job will be to help identify and overcome the barriers which exist to giving surplus food to people in need in the retail sector. These include operational, financial and historical issues, including the return to suppliers. You will make it valuable for supermarkets to donate their unsold food by impacting their organization positively on multiple levels including marketing and communication.
- Retain and increase the amount of food saved in the current supermarkets we are working with according to targets set
- Understand the dynamics between supermarkets and suppliers and the return to suppliers process
- Research relevant key personnel within the organization that will help drive the project’s success
- Understand each partner’s needs and issues and use our project to help solve some of these
- Develop systems and business processes which are appropriate for each partner
- Make the donation process seamless and efficient
- Work closely with our Marketing and Communication Manager so that the project impacts positively client and staff retention
- Work closely with our Operations Manager in order to arrange the most efficient logistics solutions
- Approach new food retailers that have the potential to divert surplus food products to the FoodWise network
- Be responsible for, and proactively drive, your own lead generation setting of appointments and meetings to progress these relationships
- Scope and implement partnership agreements between FoodWise and Retail Partners/Suppliers